Sunday, January 13, 2008

bumper stickers?

I realized a pet peeve of mine yesterday while running errands. I really get irritated when I see political bumper stickers from elections that are long since past, especially when it was for the losing side. I'm sorry for you that Kerry and Edwards lost. I didn't vote for either side. But you LOST! advertising it just seems masochistic. I don't even like political bumper stickers. I haven't met the politician yet who I trusted/ wanted enough to stick their name to MY car.
Really, I think bumper stickers are pretty revelatory of the person who has them. I mean, it depends on how you feel about your car, but to care about something enough to stick it to your car...must be a pretty serious thing. of course, if you're Brian, you refuse to stick anything to your car. if you're me, you like to fill up all acceptable space with various colorful shapes and sentiments. Right now, between window stickers and bumper stickers, I've got a pretty good collection. My favorite one is a big "No Farms, No Food" sticker from the American Farmland Trust. I also have one of those police fund stickers, as well as a window sticker for a different one (you know, the ones who call you all the time, and make sure to tell you that the sticker won't give you any different rights than anyone else...but you never know. and our policeman widows and orphans fun could always use support, right?). I've got another major bumper sticker for smartmarriages.com because I figure it's a good enough cause, and I got one free. I'll leave it up there til I find one I REALLY want, like the one I saw online that says "Plastic bags blow." I also have one of those little initial stickers for the local orchard.
My windows are better--my environmental organizations are good about sending window cling stickers. I've got one that proclaims that I use PECO wind energy, and one for the 2008 Olympic team (just 'cause it was free, and I mean, who doesn't love the Olympics?). The other stickers are the Sierra Club, the Arbor Day Club, and the Alliance for Climate Control or something like that. I like window cling because they're not permanent. I don't want tatoos either--anything could change, you know?
do any of you have bumper stickers? anything fun or interesting?

No comments: