Wednesday, December 26, 2007

nightmares

Who has freaking nightmares the nights before AND after Christmas? I've had a few bad dreams in the past month or so, but not a huge amount, and not horrible ones. well, the night before Christmas I have TWO bad dreams, one of which was definitively a nightmare--as in I woke up from it, scared. The first one was a dream that my dad killed my youngest brother and himself--and somehow it killed Trixie too--very not cool. I woke up really distressed. the second one I was on the run inside a building, with an infant that was apparently mine, with multiple people trying to kill me.
Last night I had not one but TWO separate dreams that Lou was trying to sweet talk me back to him. This is a nightmare because he is an evil predatory selfish man, and so hearing him whisper sweet nothings is like hearing Satan whisper--like in the Prophecy when Lucifer says to Thomas Daggett, "I love you more than Jesus." Creepiest movie line ever, especially with Viggo Mortenson's chilling delivery of it. and it's like that in my dreams too...Pure selfishness just may be the ultimate evil.
So that was my nights. Not very restful. I have had trouble sleeping too, maybe related, maybe not. At least it's vacation and I can sleep in to recover the sleep I lost over night. at least it's vacation in general. Even with the dreams, life is good right now. (But I do wish they'd stop.)

No comments: