Wednesday, December 12, 2007

bitch session

oh, so much to blog about, so little time. I feel like I am on the move non-stop, and it's taking a toll on my health and sanity. Don't worry; I'm not actually losing it. I'm just tired, mind and body. I work all day at a desk, being interrupted constantly by the phone and walk in people. at least email I can usually check at my leisure...this is me, the person who thrives on time alone, and I work at a desk in the front of the fishbowl known as my office, directing traffic. I arrive home exhausted every day, especially from the heinous commute, which has been getting worse. it's bad math that a drive that should be 15 minutes has become an hour many nights. bad living too. SO sick of it! I get up, walk the dog, get ready, walk the dog, slog through traffic to work, work, slog home through worse traffic, stumble in, walk the dog, make dinner, play with the dog--and that's a slow night. how about tonight when I had a Hannukah present I wanted to get to the rabbi's kids and coupons to his wife? I drove there "on my way home"--it's closer to them at work than at home, but is still the opposite direction. tomorrow night I'm thinking about going back out after I get home from Borders, to take advantage of their CD sale and my rewards earned to score Josh Groban's Christmas CD, which I've been yearning for. I just need to be back in time to get dinner for when Brian gets home from his grad class and the little girl from upstairs comes by with her latest school fundraiser.
I'll work straight through this week, and then turn around with only a NINE HOUR shift on Saturday at BBB. then church nursery on sunday, as well as a party on Sunday for Brian's Home Depot job crew, then back to the grindstone for a grueling grade entry week, including a meeting Monday pm with the new real estate financial guy...finally Thursday we should be done entering grades in time to go to the University "ham and scram" holiday party, and out for drinks with Devon, and then Home, Sweet, Home...FINALLY! I have to get my oil changed on Friday, as well as a party at the home of a coworker of Brian from his teaching job, and work on Saturday again. then another whole blessed day off! oh, I cannot wait--I think I deserve it! Christmas, here we come! I have never been so glad to see it come. (oh, and I am extra happy this year, because I don't have to worry about having a tooth extracted. :)

No comments: